What is Freelancing?
If you’re searching for What is Freelancing and How you can earn money from it, you’ve landed on the right page.
Also, if you want to look for more Ways to Earn Money Online click here.
What is Freelancing?
What is Freelancing, According to Wikipedia,
Freelance, the freelancer, or freelance worker, are terms commonly used for a person who is self-employed and not necessarily committed to a particular employer long-term.
Well well… let us break it down into parts and make it easy for you.
A freelance job is something where you work for yourselves on your own terms. You work on a contract basis for different clients and get paid once the job is done.
It’s one of the easy ways to earn money online and once you’re through this article you’ll be ready to take off on your journey to make money as a Freelancer.
• Pro’s of Freelancing
1. Feasible working hours – You can pick your own time to work. You’re not bounded to work at a specific time like a 9 to 5 job. Though keep in mind to finish your work within the set deadline.
2. Control of Workload – It’s one of the biggest perks of Freelancing. You get to decide how much work you can finish and make contracts according to that. (Unlike when you work for a company and get bombarded with loads of work than you can manage)
It’s very smart to fill your plate with the weight you can easily carry!
3. Decide your Payrate – You get to choose what rate you want to work in according to the clients you get.
4. Flexibility – With the help of the internet the whole world has come into our pocket. Travel all around the world and you can still keep up with all your work.
• Con’s of Freelancing
1. Responsibility – With the freedom to decide your working hours, field and time there comes the ultimate responsibility
2. Keeping the record of expenses taxes and Invoices – as a business owner you will have to keep up with all the payments and expenses. And when you’re getting started self-assessment tax can be confusing.
Besides meeting up with all the requirements of software and technology, you need to complete your work.
3. Unstable Income – It’s very common to be occupied with a lot of work for a while but the next you don’t get enough work. You shouldn’t expect a stable income from Freelancing. Though you can still have an average income flow.
4. Lot of Competition – According to a report there are approx 56.7 million freelancers in the US alone. A lot of people will apply for the project you’re interested in. You have to make your application stand out to get your potential clients.
Work you can do as Freelance Jobs
You can do this Freelance work part-time. Here is the list of Freelance Jobs which you can do:-
1. Web Development and Designing
2. Teaching and Tutoring
3. Freelance Writing and Copywriting
4. Creative Design
5. Sales and Marketing
6. Graphic Designing
7. Mobile App Development
8. Search Engine Optimization or SEO, SEM
9. Branding and Public Relations
10. Admin Support or Assistance
11. 3D Modelling and CAD
12. Game Development
14. Web Research
15. Legal Services
17. Article and Blog Writing
19. Customer Service
20. Social Media Coordinator and Community Manager
21. Logo Design and Illustration
22. Audio and Video Production
23. Data Entry Jobs
24. Human Resource Management
25. Architecture Services
This is Freelance jobs that will land you a decent amount of money, you can visit the freelance platform mentioned below to find more Freelance Work which suits you the best.
Best Freelance Websites to Start Your Career
Here is the list of Best Freelance Websites available in the market to start your Freelance Career. These Freelance platforms are considered best for all type of Freelance Work.
Upwork is one of the biggest Freelance platform providers in the world.
They provide a Freelance platform for everything from hourly based gigs to high profile projects.
They have pretty easy navigation where you can get a clear insight into what does your Freelance client exactly wants to write an application and build an impressive profile.
You can easily get started with Freelancer. Once registered you can list 20 skills and it will search the matching freelance jobs for you.
One of the best features Freelancer provides you is that you can what other freelancers are bidding on a project. It gives you a chance to see what other experienced freelancers charge for projects.
It’s one quirky site where you’ll see people posting about nearly every gig you can imagine.
You can choose your services based on your Freelance jobs to skill from Basic, Standard, and Premium plans according to the level of service, expertise, and speed.
Peopleperhour is one of the most used Freelance platforms, there are over 1.5 million freelancers that used their service. It’s free but competition can be very challenging. Frequently update your profile and set a reasonable fee to get hired more often, so maintain the quality and price of your Freelance work.
Now, we are done with some of the Best Freelance Websites available in the market right now.
Tips to Stand Out as a Freelancer
1. Make a reliable profile
Make an effort to keep your profile trustworthy and reliable to land more clients and maintain the quality of your Freelance Work.
2. Have Positive Remarks
Always ask your clients to leave a review once you’ve fulfilled the commitment. Ask them to write a brief comment on what they liked about your Freelance jobs.
3. Stay true to commitments
Always meet your deadlines on time and provide high-quality work at reasonable rates to your clients.
4. Highlight your strength areas
Put more light on your strength areas and don’t be afraid to list out your extracurricular activities. It will leave a positive impact and help you to build a strong customer relationship.
5. Add a personal touch to your applications
Be honest and passionate with your words when you apply to land a project with your potential clients. Don’t rely on a generic overview. When you have an individualistic approach you’re more likely to get your desired work.
6. Look for sponsored proposals
You can opt for sponsoring your application for an amount of fee. It will make you appear on top of the list that your potential client will see.
Conclusion for What is Freelancing?
We hope that you have understood ‘What is Freelancing’ and how to Earn Money from Freelancing can make your way to financial independence soon than you can think of. With the right amount of smart work, skills, and dedication you can land yourself something really good contracts or projects.
If you liked this article then tell us in Comment Section.